How to Download Apps
It’s easy to download and install items from Android Market to your device; just follow these steps:
- Navigate to an item you want to install and select it. The item details screen appears. Read more about the item and its developer on this screen.
- If you want to install the item, select either the FREE button, or for paid apps, select the price of the app.
- Press OK to accept the permissions for the app.
- If you selected a free app, then the item will start downloading immediately.
- If you selected a paid app, you may be asked to sign in to an additional Google account. Sign in and select Purchase now if you want to proceed. Step through the purchase screens.
If you’d like to remove an application from your device, follow these steps:
- 1. On your Android device, select My apps from the Market home screen. (On some devices, press Menu and then touch My apps)
- 2. Select the item you’d like to uninstall.
- 3. On the application home screen, select the “Uninstall” button.
- 4. You will be able to return to My apps at any time to reinstall a purchased application that you’ve previously removed.
To check out the Android Market visit https://market.android.com/
BlackBerry App World allows BlackBerry smartphone users to discover new applications, download free and trial applications, and purchase applications using PayPal accounts. Browse and download a large selection of applications designed for your BlackBerry smartphone in one convenient location. Download BlackBerry App World for free to load up your BlackBerry smartphone with games, social networking, online shopping, personal productivity, organization tools and other fun and functional applications. Personalize your BlackBerry smartphone with tons of applications.
A PayPal account is required to download the applications using BlackBerry App World.
From your BlackBerry smartphone
Visit www.blackberry.com/appworld/download from your smartphone to download. Or, enter an email address that’s integrated with your BlackBerry smartphone below and click submit to have a download link sent to you.
Please enter a valid email address from your desktop computer.
To ensure that your BlackBerry smartphone will support BlackBerry App World, it must have the following:
- BlackBerry® Device Software v4.5 or higher. (Click “options”, then “about” from your smartphone to check your version). Learn how to update your device software
- A trackpad, trackball or SurePress™ touch screen
- A service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry® Browser
On your phone or from your PC, get apps and games wherever you are. Check out Marketplace—Microsoft’s virtual store for apps, games, and other entertainment for your phone by visiting the marketplace at http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/marketplace. Many apps and games in Marketplace are free, while others let you try before you buy.
Before you try or buy an app or game:
- Sign in to your phone using a Windows Live ID to unlock services on Windows Live, Zune, and Xbox LIVE.
- Install the Zune software to sync apps and games between your computer and your phone.
- Make sure your phone has the latest software updates. See How do I update my phone software? for more information.
Get apps on your phone:
- On Start, tap Marketplace.
- Tap Apps.
- Flick left or right to see top, new, or featured apps, or browse categories. When you find an app or game you want, tap it.
- If you want to install a free app or game, tap Install twice to confirm and download it to your phone.
If you want to buy an app or game:
- Tap Buy to buy a paid app. Or tap Try (if available) to try it.
- If you’re trying an app, tap Install.
- If you’re buying an app, tap Buy, select your payment method (either a credit card or a charge to your phone bill), and then tap Buy again.
- Note: By default, purchases are added to your phone bill (if this service is available from your mobile operator). Or you can use a credit card: in the Confirm purchase screen, tap Change payment method, and then tap Add a credit card. (Or just tap Add a credit card.) Follow the steps on the screen.
- “Confirm purchase” screen on phone
- It might take several minutes for the app or game to download and install, depending on its size. A progress bar on the details screen shows the status.
- To check the progress of an app or game you’re downloading, tap Check install.
- To pause a downloading app, on the Marketplace Downloads screen (tap Check install or the download link at the bottom of the Marketplace Hub), tap and hold the item, then tap Pause. To continue downloading it, tap and hold, and then tap Resume.
- If you run into a problem downloading an app or game, make sure your Windows Phone software is current. See How do I update my phone software? for more information.
- Look for your new apps in the App list (on Start, flick left). Look for your new games in the Games Hub (on Start, tap Games, and flick left to Collection).
- Looking for a specific app or game? Tap either Apps or Games on Marketplace’s main menu, then press the Search button.
Get apps on your PC
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- On Start, click All Programs, and then click Zune.
- If you’re not signed in, click Sign In, and then sign in with the same Windows Live ID you used to sign in to your phone.
- Click Marketplace > Apps. Under Devices, click Windows Phone.
- Zune Marketplace “apps for windows phone 7″ screen
- Browse for an app or game by clicking a genre or using the Search box.
- Click the app that you’re interested in, and then click Free trial or Buy to try or buy the app or game. Or click Free to install a free app. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you want to add a new credit card to your account, you can add it from the Zune software on your computer (click Settings > Account > Add a credit card) or go to the Zune Account Center. Zune “add a credit card” screen.
- To see apps and games on your phone, disconnect it from your computer. Look for: New apps in the App list (on Start, flick left). New games in the Games Hub (on Start, tap Games, and flick left to Collection).
- Apps sync directly with your phone and are not added to your Zune collection on your computer.
- If you purchase your app from Zune while your phone is not connected to your PC, the app will be downloaded over the air within 24 hours. If you subsequently connect your phone to your PC, your items will continue to download over the air.
- Marketplace may not be available in your country or region